Thursday, November 10, 2011

Birthday card made with Cricut Craft Room and Yes... my Imagine!

Well, I have been in a funk, a craft funk and a LIFE funk.  I can't seem to get control of anything - eating, weight, house cleaning, job, and parents!  I never mentioned kids - they are the least of my worries right now. (thank god) Plus I am working part time - which really isn't helping me gain control of anything.

       Any way I am going to a scrapbook weekend and I haven't touched my scrapbooks in about 2 years.  I came into my scrap room to try and gather things to work on for 2 days when I decided to try Cricut Craft Room.  I needed to make a card for a friend of mine - we share the same birthday (I'm older)  I figured i would try CCR with my 3rd Imagine to see if either would work.  Just got my 3rd replacement I and really haven't had a chance to play with it and make sure it works.  Well after watching a few youtube videos on how to use CCR I decided to give it a try with a simple birthday card. Designing in CCR was really nice.  I did keep it simple no welding even though that looks really easy to do.  I did take full advantage of the mat layers and was very surprised when I could print and cut all the layers on one mat.  Here is what it looked like when I was ready to cut.

I was very excited when my CCR recognized my Imagine.  It recognized all the cartridges I used.  I had to stop and insert each cartridge into my Imagine. And then I waited (with my fingers crossed)  And I waited...  It thought for a long time. Then it said to follow the instructions on the Imagine - and my Imagine screen looked like the menu.  It didn't work - I almost panicked but then I just canceled the cut and tried again.  This time it worked.
I think I am really going to like CCR and I am keeping my fingers crossed my Imagine keeps working.  Next time I will try to weld and use my own papers and mix it up a little.  Here is the final product.  Im not a big fan of the big blue background - I tried to jazz it up a little.

RECIPE

Cartridges use:  Just Because Cards - for the card base and background shape
Sweet Treats - for the cupcake
Imagine Yummy - for the background paper and colors
The sentiment is a cling rubber stamp from Stampendous - which I like the saying but it has lost it's cling.  
Martha Stewart birthday ribbon and some stickles

Still havent gotten anything to work on while Im at my scrapbook weekend.  Off to organize and get creative.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice card! I haven't had a chance to download the CCR software, but plan to do it this weekend. I understand about the funk thing...although my problem is usually my kids!! lol Hang in there, everything passes in time and remember, we craft for therapy too!! ;)
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recommended this website by my cousin. Im not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know as much regarding my trouble. Youre wonderful! :D
    Your weblog seems to be astounding complete with excellent posts.. and so on. I believe youll get even far better good results with including some a lot more video clips and pictures. What do you believe. While Ive bookmarked it. Thank you.
    Do something that relaxes you, like take a bubble bath, or chill out outside.
    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete